WEEK 7: FORGIVEN ONE October 27 - November 2
Most people have experienced a “lightbulb coming on” moment in life. A time when everything becomes clear and they see things clearly. Have you experienced one of these moments in your life? Share about your experience.
THIS WEEK WE WANT TO:
Recognize that Jesus is our Restorer.
He sees our past, present, and future and has great plans for our lives. Jesus, though the Holy Spirit is with us, continues to provide for us, and is Lord of all.
During this time you'll have the chance to reflect on the passage & respond! Feel free to share as much or as little as you'd like but know that this group is a safe place to share and everything discussed will stay within the group!
1. In verse 3, Simon Peter says, "I'm going fishing." Almost to say, “I'm going back to my old ways.” Have you ever felt disappointment and a lost sense of purpose?
2. "Just try one more time." What emotions or reaction does this phrase stir up in you? Describe a time you have said it or that it was said to you. What was the context?
3. What is waiting for the disciples when they get to the shore? How has Jesus provided for the disciples in this story?
How did the disciples react to Jesus when He invited them to “come and have breakfast?”
Why did they not dare ask Jesus who He was?
What did they know and realize about Jesus now (lightbulb moment) through the miraculous catch of fish? Read John 21:12.
4. Jesus asks Peter three times if he loves Him? Why do you think He does this?
5. How does Jesus restore Peter? What do you need Jesus to restore in your life?
The ONE God has put on my heart to be praying for is ____________________________
I will live this week in a way which reveals Christ to those around me.