WEEK 6: SEARCHING ONE October 20 - 26
Imagine you’re applying for a new job. What are some things that you would make sure to put on your resume. What are some things you might leave off?
THIS WEEK WE WANT TO:
Realize our doubts & fears and know that Jesus sees them and wants to set us free.
Read the Bible consistently every day, knowing that as you fill your spiritual tank, you will be prepared to speak and do what God has for you.
During this time you'll have the chance to reflect on the passage & respond! Feel free to share as much or as little as you'd like but know that this group is a safe place to share and everything discussed will stay within the group!
1. If someone were to ask you what it means to be “born again,” what would you say?
2. Given his religious credentials, how do you think Nicodemus felt when Jesus said he wasn’t able to enter the Kingdom of God based on his deeds?
3. If you were to die tonight and stand before God and He were to ask you, “Why should I let you into my Heaven?” What would you say?
4. Nicodemus had a very different expectation for what made him "good." How do you find yourself trying to work or strive to earn God's love
5. Read John 3:16. This is one of the most famous verses in the Bible. In the context of this story, why is it so powerful? What does this verse mean for you, for your friends, your neighbors, and your city?
6. Take inventory of your spiritual life. What have you been trusting in place of the saving power of Jesus? What do you need to give over to Jesus and allow Him to hold?
I will put my hope and trust in Jesus rather than _________________________________
I am thankful that salvation is not about what I have done, but what has been done for me.