WEEK 4: DOUBTING ONE October 6 - 12
Describe a time when you were challenged to move on faith and not on sight. What was challenging? What did you learn?
THIS WEEK WE WANT TO:
UNDERSTAND THAT We all need a spiritual rebirth.
In this week’s text, we have a detailed account of Jesus sharing the gospel. He’s having a conversation with a man who possesses an impressive religious resume. Despite the man’s credentials, Jesus tells him that in order to enter the Kingdom of God, he must be born again. No one is beyond the need of Jesus forgiveness.
During this time you'll have the chance to reflect on the passage & respond! Feel free to share as much or as little as you'd like but know that this group is a safe place to share and everything discussed will stay within the group!
1. Have you ever unexpectedly encountered someone you love and were so surprised to see them? Maybe it was an infatuation when you were young, or a friend or relative you hadn’t seen in a while that brought joy when you suddenly saw them. Tell about an experience like this you’ve had in the past.
What was it about reconnecting with this person that made it so enjoyable?
2. If ten of your closest friends told you something unbelievable, would you have trouble believing?
3. When Jesus first appears to the disciples, Thomas isn’t there. When the disciples tell Thomas what has happened, how does he respond? What proof does he need.
4. How does Jesus respond to Thomas' doubt? What does this teach us about our doubt and what we should do with it?
5. How can we turn our fearfullness into boldness? What fears do you have that are keeping you from living confidently in the plans Jesus has for you?
Which one of these applies to you?
I have doubts, but am willing to investigate further.
I believe, but need help with taking the next steps of faith.
I am firmly committed to Jesus as my Lord and Savior.